This one was super improptu and turned out wonderfully. I think the secret was in the coconut oil. It was a nice sweetness with the fresh mint flavour and the kale was a great partner to the basa fish. Ingredients are underlined.
Prep time: 5 minutes (excluding thawing time)
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- Thaw basa filets (or other light meat fish) overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
- Lay out sprigs of fresh mint and small dollops of coconut oil on a foil-lined pan.
- Lay out some rinsed kale on top of the mint and coconut oil.
- Place the thawed/ dried basa fillets on top of all the greens, sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Bake the fillets for approx. 7 minutes in oven (medium rack).
- Turn over the fillets to cook the other side (you can also place them on the top rack for a crispier bake. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve topped with a light cottage cheese or dollop of sour cream.
- Um, yum!