***The required ingredient are shown in bold letters so that you can gather them ahead of time.***
Making The Polenta:
- Bring 3.5- 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan (the ingredients splatter while cooking, so go big for the pot).
- Add some salt to the water, lower heat to medium.
- Little by little, add 1 cup of yellow cornmeal to the water, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- For the next 5 minutes, whisk the mixture every minute.
- Reduce the heat to low, switch to stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Stir frequently and consistently to make sure the cornmeal cooks evenly and doesn't stick to the pot, for about 15-20 minutes (kinda annoying to watch it constantly, but you have your phone with you)!
- Remove from heat and mix in any sort of spice or flavour you want. I left it pretty plain for now.
- Set aside.
Making the Eggs:
- In a medium pan, heat about 1/2 tbsp of butter or oil on medium-high heat.
- Dice 1/2 a red pepper (or any other diced vegetable you want).
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add 1 or 2 whisked eggs (or more for more than one person).
- Scramble until almost cooked (until the clear has turned white).
- Add in about 1/2 cup of prepared polenta (you will have lots left over for other meals).
- Stir together until well mixed.
- Serve on plate, top with salt, pepper and/ or berbere spice (the best :D).
That's pretty much it. My rules aren't stiff. Change, add, delete as you wish. This was my impromptu creation. Voilà!