Where My Flavour Palette Comes From:
- I am originally from Calgary, Canada.
- My dad is Jamaican and that gives me the tolerance to eat spicy food.
- I worked for about 2 years in an Indian restaurant, which got me curious and interested in flavour and spices.
- I was a primary school teacher for 5 years, which taught me some pretty decent personal skills. Patience, working in groups, being objective, etc.
- I lived and taught in Havana, Cuba, which helped me develop and inspire my creativity in the kitchen.
Where My Inspiration For Sharing These Recipes Comes From:
- My approach to cooking and making my meals is not fancy. I will be sharing simple, yet flavourful ideas.
- I am not a "good cook" but I do have an appreciation for flavours and can get pretty creative with them.
- I love food for the enjoyment of it, but also what it does for human beings. We are connected and divided through food and food preferences. I love this and want to share this.